- 3-4 big capsicum
- 2/3 cup tomato based pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- Wash the capsicums and remove the seeds by cutting the stalk out and keeping the capsicums intact
- Place hollowed out capsicums on tray lined with baking paper
- Roast them in the oven until the skins become brown. Remove from the oven when they are ready and place them in closed container to steam them for a while. Use a ceramic, metal or glass dish – not plastic
- Peel the skins off and discard. Then very finely chop the capsicums.
- In a frying pan add the peppers, pasta sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Stir until the mixture becomes thick or the liquid has evaporated
- Cool for a little while
- Then stir in the oil and the garlic.