250 -300 g Kale leaves without stems , torn into bite-size pieces.
1 cup Cashews
120 g Red Capsicum
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Savory Yeast Flakes
1 clove Garlic
2 tsp Onion Powder
¾ tsp Veggie Salt
1 tbs Olive Oil
Pinch Cayenne (optional )
25 ml Water
- Granulate the Cashews first in a food processor, add the water and continue blending the cashews.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients, except for the Kale, in a high speed blender until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl drench your Kale in the “cheese” sauce and mix well so all leaves are equally covered.
- Spread the Kale evenly on baking trays lined with baking paper and dehydrate at 50 deg. C in a fan forced oven for about 8 hours, or until complete dry and crunchy.
- Turn chips around about half way through to make sure they get evenly dehydrated.
- This quantity fills 5 large baking trays.
- In a small oven dry chips in 2 lots, while the remaining Kale keeps well in a covered container in the fridge.
- The finished chips keep well in an airtight container for about 2 months